Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Queréme así, piantao

Google failed me. Today's video is clearly a dramatization of Piazzolla's encounter with Carlos Gardel in New York City in 1934. The scene unfolds just as described in the Azzi/Collier book, Le Grand Tango. The actor playing Gardel is one of the best Gardel impersonators, Angel Rico. The notes accompanying the video indicate it is from a movie about Piazzolla's life and the title of the video suggests the movie might be called, Queréme así, piantao.

Such a movie, of course, interests me. But Google, that source of all knowledge, yields no clues regardless of my best search efforts. To my surprise, an identical search on Microsoft's Bing brought the answer. The clip is from a 1997 movie, made for TV and written and directed by Eliseo Alvarez.

I hope to see more of the movie some day. While I am waiting, it looks like it is time to change my default search engine.

If the video does not appear below, click here.



To learn more about Piazzolla videos, visit the Piazzolla Video site.

No comments:

Post a Comment