Monday, April 13, 2009

Gustavo Rosas & Gisela Natoli

Another exception to my "no dance video" rule.

There is no question that Piazzolla's music is popular as the basis for dance videos - there were 25 of them last month. As a rule, I glance at them and then move on to my primary interest: videos of performers playing Piazzolla's music. But something about today's video led me to pause and then to watch with my full attention, twice. The music is good - a very nice, but uncredited version of Oblivion - but the choreography and incredible grace of Gustavo Rosas and Gisela Natoli are what provide the spine tingle to this video. They dance a sensual, fluid and imaginative tango but unlike many "show tango" dancers show a complete knowledge and respect for the authentic dance.

If the video does not appear below, click here.



To learn more about Piazzolla videos, visit the Piazzolla Video site.

No comments:

Post a Comment