Friday, February 27, 2009

The Sweet Guitar

I have always enjoyed guitar interpretations of Piazzolla's music but rarely have I been so impressed by a soloist as I was today by Russian guitarist, Alexsandr Sweet. There were five Sweet videos posted today and two of them were of Piazzolla's works: La muerte del angel and Primavera Porteña. Both are outstanding and are included below.

I find no information about Sweet on the internet but he is clearly skilled in classical and flamenco techniques. In fact he is so skilled that I think he plays the opening of the Primavera a little too fast. If anyone has additional information on Sweet, I hope they will add a comment to this blog.

If the video does not appear below, please click here.



If the video does not appear below, please click here.



To learn more about Piazzolla videos, visit the Piazzolla Video site.

No comments:

Post a Comment